17 July 2009

How do you «Tranfer Big Files»?

The topic of transferring big files electronically came up in a discussion group for my genealogy software. Most people suggested burning it to a CD and sending it through the Post Office. But one guy suggested trying TransferBIGFiles.com. It is suppose to be a free service. It is new and no one has been able to say it is good, bad, or otherwise.

Have any of you tried it?

Gmail.com will transfer 20 meg files now as email attachments, but the sender and receiver need to have gmail accounts.

I have hundreds of megbytes of genealogy from images (of people, documents, maps, and things), files for backing up my software, documents (stories, books, charts and such) so sharing big files is something that I have a genealogical interest in knowing about.

Please comment.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried to send big files using gmail. Most people are not able to receive them. This service looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete